Sarah C has tagged me with these questions...
1. If a movie was being made of your life who would you like to be cast to play yourself? And why?
2. You are spending a whole month on a desert island for charity and you have to choose your favourite celebrity to spend the first two weeks with & your least favourite celebrity to spend the second two weeks with, who would they be & why?
3. What are your three favourite crafting products?
4. If you could invent something to do anything what do you think it would be?
5. What are the last three books that you read?
6. Qvc or create & Craft?
7. Docrafts or Dovecraft or DCWV?
8. What is your claim to fame?
My answers are:
1. I think I would like Goldie Hawn because I have always admired her and she has a very positive outlook on life and shares the same attitudes about the aging process as I do.
2. Goldie Hawn would be the first celebrity because I think it would be awesome to share some laughs but yet also be able to talk about serious stuff. Least favourite...Arnold S. (cannot spell it!) I figure by the time Goldie and I have stayed up talking for a couple weeks I would need somewhere comfortable to rest and with his muscles he could build me a nice shelter and make me a comfy bed to lie on to sleep!
3. 12x12 patterned paper, Big shot, Crop a dile but as Sarah has said...my favourites change with my moods but these 3 are my favourites most of the time.
4. Since having my mum to visit for the month and talking with her about just about everything and dining out with her I think I would invent a booster seat for the elderly to use when diningout...well actually it could be for any adult but so often the elderly shrink in size the older they get and as my mum has said sometimes she feels as if she has the table at her chin and its really not very comfortable! Sooo this is what I would invent and to be honest and seriously thnking about it!
5.Thats a hard one..as I usually have more then one book on the go at a time..."The Queens Fool" by Phillipa Gregory "White" by Rosie Thomas and "Vows" by LaVyrle Spencer this last title is the type I book I don't read very often but needed a light hearted book after the last two so picked it up at the charity shop after it caught my eye.
6.Either...I like watching them for different ideas but I must admit I probably watch qvc more then I do Create and Craft
7.Don't really have a favourite
8.My claim to fame..not exactly sure what that means...but throughout my life I have written poetry and my last year of high school I wrote a poem for the graduation ceremonies and it was published in the newspaper.
I'm passing this on to:
Wendy Sian Amanda Nicola
ok...I have chosen only 4 of the 5....I think most others on my list of favourites have been picked by others and sometimes twice! Sooo since its ok to be chosen twice...I chose Sarah C .
Please don't be offended if you're not on this list. I've not tagged you all as maybe one of these people tag you instead.
Friday, 11 April 2008
Today has been one of the hardest days I have been through. Charlie (my baby) is on a plane back to the states to live with his dad...I say baby..he is almost 20 but he's my baby, this photo was taken minutes before he walked through security at the airport, wow what a rush of feelings that was...but I held back the tears...then my mobile phone rang "mum...I am bored and there's no place to sit and they haven't posted the gate yet....we chatted a bit and then we hung up..both knowing we would speak in a short time again...ok....a few more times....the last call was "Hi again.....I am on the plane....oh, I said...(felt like I had hit a brick wall) I said "will you call again before you take off??????? ......he said....no probably not...omg...this is really it....my baby is about to fly.....slam....the tears wouldn't stop!! Charlie, I and his step dad have had a rough couple of years....and I have shed buckets of tears...but after being a mum with kids in the house for 30 years..and knowing they are ALL grown and flew the nest...DAMNNN its hard to accept this....its gonna feel so strange not being the one he depends on anymore...not being the one he gets an attitude with, but then I am looking forward to having an adult relationship with him as I have with the rest of my son's and I hope once again I am forgiven any mistakes in parenting I have made...I guess time will tell. I did my best..thats all I could do...and the love I have for my sons is endless and very precious! My son's are a great bunch of guys! ok....I have added a photo of the rest of my son's too...a family photo! Love and light to all who read this. :)
Sunday, 6 April 2008
Hello everyone! Well my mum is here and settling in for her month long stay, the time already is going by fast and there's so much I wanna show her in between working, packing for our move, and moving...ahhhh but we will get there! Here are a couple first moment photo's that Alan took of mum and I at the airport when she first arrived. We are hoping the weather gets better as it would be nice to show her some of England in the warmth of spring! Love and Light to all who read my mindmumbles.